Monday, June 1, 2020

Fond Memory Pre-Pandemic Painting

May 9, 2020
Finished work on this piece. Sheltered-in-Place - lock down. My home studio became the only solace during an otherwise time of much stress and anxiety in a time of unknowing. The Corona Virus has taken hold all over the world. Our world will be a very different. What the new normal will be, will unfold over the many days and weeks to follow.

 I went back to painting a very controlled way of painting.

A fond memory of a gathering for art, food, wine, and conversation.

This scene was in a NYC apartment overlooking the Tweed Courthouse painted in CA springtime colors. In particular, I was drawn the the California poppies I saw during daily walks in my neighborhood.

Currently the Courthouse has been one site where many demonstrators have gathered to protest over the recent George Floyed murder, Black Lives Matter.

No comments: